Do you want to learn about crypto? These are the top 20 universities for blockchain.
The market has exploded due to interest in digital currency, from bitcoin to altcoins like dogecoin; decentralised finance, or DeFi; nonfungible tokens, or NFTs; and other blockchain technology.
While many of the most in-demand careers in cryptocurrencies do not necessitate a formal degree in the field, numerous universities around the world have begun to offer courses on the subject. CoinDesk, a crypto news organisation, just published a list of the top 50 blockchain universities.
Researchers from CoinDesk, Stanford University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) analyzed 230 schools from around the world and ranked them based on five factors. You can read the full methodology here.
- The number of blockchain and cryptocurrency-related research articles produced between 2019 and 2021, as well as their scholarly effect.
- Classes, educational establishments, clubs, and other blockchain-related initiatives currently available on campus.
- Resultant employment and industry
- The cost of attendance
- Overall academic reputation
The National University of Singapore came in first, followed by Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, University of California Berkeley, University of Zurich, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Thirteen of the top fifty colleges are in the United States, including Arizona State University (30th) and New York University (50th) (41st).
CoinDesk only ranked American universities last year, placing Cornell University second, Stanford University fourth, and Harvard University fifth. All three schools fell in the global rankings, placing at 17th, 12th, and 49th, respectively.
These are the top 20 universities for blockchain:
- National University of Singapore
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
- University of California Berkeley
- University of Zurich
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- University College London (UCL)
- Tsinghua University
- Chinese University of Hong Kong
- ETH Zurich
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Stanford University
- UNSW Sydney
- City University of Hong Kong
- University of Oxford
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Cornell University
- Delft University of Technology
- University of Hong Kong
- University of Sydney.
You can take a look at the full list on CoinDesk’s website.